Aging plays a vital role in your overall health, including your teeth. Your teeth age too and over time can become more vulnerable to cavities, gum disease, and worn tooth enamel. That is why it is vital to protect your teeth as we age. To help you understand the best way to take care of your smile, our dentist, Dr. Ronald K. Rich with Ronald K. Rich, DDS, MAGD in Sugar Land, Texas, is happy to help you with advice.
Here are some dashing tips to improve your oral health throughout your life:
– Focus on brushing twice every day with a sturdy and reliable toothbrush.
– Make sure that you floss between your teeth every day with dental floss that can gently dislodge debris between teeth without damaging your tooth enamel or gums.
– Always take the time to visit your dentist for routine exams and checkups.
– Visit your dentist for oral cancer screenings.
– Stay away from unhealthy snacks such as those that can chip and crack teeth or those loaded with acidic substances.
– Make sure your mouth is always producing enough saliva to keep your teeth and gums free of debris.
– Switch to easier to operate products if your current ones are becoming too difficult to use.
With these dashing tips, you can keep your teeth healthy and strong as you age. Over time, your teeth can remain healthy throughout your lifetime. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you are in need of a dental checkup, please call us today at 281-980-2537. Our team looks forward to taking your call and helping your smile.