Are you taking the time and effort to put extra emphasis on your everyday dental flossing routine? Make your dental floss as effective as possible. Here are some things you should know about flossing:
– One preferred way to hold dental floss is to wrap each end around a finger on each hand, making sure there is enough slack in the thread to move up and down the strand as necessary.
– Search for dental floss that is shred resistant thread, such as single filament thread, to certify it will not fail during normal use.
– Never use the same piece of dental floss between more than one section.
– Each strand of dental floss should be approximately 18 inches in length.
– Dental floss is extremely helpful for removing plaque debris that brushing alone cannot reach.
– A typical brushing session should last between 2-3 minutes.
– For optimum effect, brush between each tooth, including the back row.
– Partially curve the floss around each tooth in a “c” shape to effectively reach all sides around the tooth.
No matter which oral health treatment you desire, Dr. Ronald K. Rich and our team at Ronald K. Rich, DDS, MAGD will make sure that your teeth and gums are properly treated. To schedule an oral exam or professional cleaning at our dentist office in Sugar Land, Texas, please contact us at 281-980-2537. Let us help you find your healthy smile!