For over 150 years in America, amalgams have reigned highly in the world of dental fillings. Thanks to modern-day technology and the skilled craftsmanship of our dentist here at Ronald K. Rich, DDS, MAGD, there is a new challenger on the block for best dental filling: composites.
In fact, composite fillings provide a wide array of advantages over amalgams, and today we would like to highlight a few of those:
– Size: Composite fillings can be used on extremely small cavities, which were previously too difficult to effectively fill with amalgam fillings.
– Stronger: Composite fillings can stand up to stronger forces that can cause tooth fractures.
– Durability: Composite fillings can last nearly a decade.
– Safety: Unlike amalgam fillings, composite fillings do not contain mercury.
– Leak-free: Composite fillings can seal the margins between the tooth and gums more effectively than amalgam fillings can.
– Functionality: Composite fillings can be repaired without removing the original filling.
– Color: Composite fillings can be customized to match the natural color of your teeth.
If you would like to know more, we invite you to make an appointment with Dr. Ronald K. Rich today. You can reach our dedicated team by calling 281-980-2537. You can also stop by our office in Sugar Land, Texas if you prefer. We can help you skip the metal and go with composite fillings to help restore your healthy, confident smile!